“Don’t be foolish”, “You are mad”, “You will get no sleep” were typical reactions from others when I agreed to go on Year 9 camp. But having spent three days of fun and two quiet nights in first class accommodation at El Rancho I will certainly be in line for next years camp. Top of mind:
- Fun Fun Fun – teachers get to do everything including Flying Fox, Water Slides, Beach Walks, Tubing …
- Building relationships with future students, half the time you feel like “Mum” and a few of the woman teachers actually get called Mum.
- Food, three square meals: and all very good quality
- Safety first, perhaps too much at times…. (Climbing a gate was a challenge for one or two students)
- Comradeship with other teachers, a great opportunity to have fun together